Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club

I'm so pleased to have caught up with all my lucky stars! (So much so, I have chosen fabric for three version's of March's block.)

When I started, I was new to this method of paper piecing. It works really well and is so satisfying if a bit wasteful on fabric - the lucky stars method is to cut generous rectangles of fabric to cover the shapes rather than the scraps shown in the youtube video. I might have a go with scraps for March now I've got the hang of it. Also, this will give me more of an idea of how to get the fabric design positioned in the best way for the shape.

Here's December's
January's...
and February's
I should have used more contrasting fabric for January and definitely two different yellows for the centre, so I may well do that one again. December's my favourite, I like the centre and how the yellow pops out. I'm wondering if I can go more yellow than eau de nil/orange from now on.
I'm going to count this as three makes possibly that's cheating as when I have twelve of these they will only contribute to one quilt but what the heck!
So for a count up - 9 weeks into 2013 and I've made:
1 pair of trousers
3 cowls
1 t-shirt quilt
1 hat
1 shirt
and 3 lucky stars
that's 10/52 - yay, I'm ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment