Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wise Old Owl Shirt

I had a sewlution for 2013. It was to make a shirt.
I bought the pattern before Christmas with some ridiculous notion to make it for the OH for Christmas.  I think I just wrapped up the pattern and the intention.
At the beginning of this month, February, trawling round the shops looking for an exciting shirt for his birthday present, I found nothing shirt wise that wasn't dull dull dull.  But I did find this.
 I had this
 and with 2 days to go thought, 'I'll make one!'
The whole first series of Case Histories later I had a shirt with a standy up collar, cuffs, contrast and everything...
except buttonholes. The sewing machine had gone muffed up - number 2 son speak for broken. How frustrating because as much as I wanted to give it to him, I wanted to blog about it. 
Two weeks and two trips to the sewing machine shop later, I finished the shirt and here it is.
The Wise Old Owl... he said it!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I sewed a shirt once (actually a sleeveless shirt, for myself, for summer), and it was very difficult, and I'll never do it again! Your shirt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Jane:o)
      The buttonholes when I eventually got to do them were traumatic!

      Delete