Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tea Cosy and Cosy Socks

I have had very little time for craft this month as as well as acquiring a small new job, just a few days but paid, the blogzine I'm editing, as much a blog as it is a magazine,  went live. It's called Words & Pictures and it's the open newsletter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators British Isles.

My new job is doing a bit of research for an 20th anniversary programme about Video Nation. I have to find six people who took part by the end of April. Now that Words & Pictures is up running I'm cracking on with that among other things.

Here are the other things:

1) Daisy's tea-cosy.
This was really a christmas present so it's a finish rather than make:
Haven't really got the hang of intarsia, I spent as much time untangling as I did knitting.
 It came from this book, another book people craft bargain.
And here's Daisy with her cosy. She looks pleased, I think.
2) My Socks

So pleased with these and dangerously encouraged. It took me two years to knit the first sock and I could have made the second in two weeks, if I'd put my mind to it and if OH didn't like watching telly in the dark. I love self striping wool.

I'm definitely going to make some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment