Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lindsey's Hat

Ages ago I bought 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet from Amazon or a some other tax avoiding corporation, shame on me, and made an anemone. I thought it would look perfect on a hat. So when I sorted out my bag of things to finish at the beginning of January, I found this pattern and after two attempts made a beanie.
I made the adult rather than the large adult because I'm not a hat person and I thought it would be just the thing for my friend,  Lindsey. On the first attempt it came out too small. The instructions say 30 rounds before decrease but it was more like a little cap than a beanie. Of course this may well be down to me choosing wrong needles the wrong wool and not knitting a test square. Or indeed, having a very big head! I undid all the decreases which had gone a bit wrong anyway because I didn't use a marker and knitted 20 more rounds. I was grateful for the pattern, I didn't mind a bit.

It looks lovely on Lindsey and she was pleased, hurray!


No comments:

Post a Comment